Chocolate Walnut Muffins
110 gms Plain Flour
1 tsp Vanilla Essence
200 gms Castor Sugar
1/4 tsp Almond Essence
140 gms Plain Chocolate
170 gms Unsalted Butter
115 gms Chopped Walnuts
55 gms Dark Brown sugar
1 tbsp Unsweetened Cocoa powder
1. Preheat the oven to 180° C. Grease a 12-cup muffin pan or use paper cases.
2. Melt the butter with the chocolate in the top of a double boiler or in a heat proof bowl set over a pan of hot water. Transfer to a large mixing bowl.
3. Stir both the sugars into the chocolate mixture. Mix in the eggs, one at a time, then add the vanilla and almond essences. Sift over the flour and cocoa. Fold in and stir in the walnuts.
4. Fill the prepared cups almost to the top and bake for 30-35 minutes, until a skewer in the centre barely comes out clean.
5. Let it stand for 5 minutes before turning out onto a rack to cool completely.