500 g. fish fillets, hamour or any firm white fish
1/2 cup soy sauce
2 tsp. ajinomoto
1 tsp pepper
1\2 tsp. salt or to taste
1 egg, beaten
1 cup flour
oil for frying
1. Dry the fish fillets thoroughly with clean paper towels.
2. Using a chef’s knife, cut the fish into fingers 1\2 inch wide and about 3 inches long.
3. Place the fish in a large bowl, add ajinomoto soy sauce, salt and pepper and rub gently to coat the pieces with the marinade.
4. Cover and leave to marinate for about 20 minutes. Drain the excess marinade.
5. Dip the fish fingers, one at a time, in the egg, then roll in the flour.
6. Place them in single layers on a baking sheet. Pour enough oil into a heavy based frying pan to reach at least halfway up the sides of the pan.
7. Heat the oil to 325°F.
8. Fry the fish fingers in batches until they are golden brown, 5-8 minutes.
9. Drain on paper towels and serve immediately.
10. Serve with French fries, ketchup and Garlic Chutney.