Home » News & Articles

Weirdest restaurants around the world!

20 May 2010 47,327 views 51 Comments

Alright lets not bug you more, read and find out where you would like to dine today ;)

Dinner In The Sky

Dinner In The Sky

Dinner In The Sky

Dinner In The Sky

Dinner In The Sky

Dinner in the sky, at 150 feet in the air!!, Don’t forget to fasten your seat belts!

“Dinner in the sky” is a Brussels based restaurant, serving 22 people at 150 feet in the air, specially designed tables and chairs are lifted by a crane. And now it has made its way to Las Vegas Market with a grand opening on New Year’s Eve

Ithaa

Ithaa

Ithaa

IThaa

Ithaa

Ithaa is the world’s first undersea resturant, introduced at the Conrad Maldives Rangali Island in April 2007.

It was designed in New Zealand and constructed in Singapore and now shipped in Maldives. This innovative restaurant is the first of its kind in the world, and is part of a US $5 million re-build of Rangalifinolhu Island, one of the twin islands that make up Conrad Maldives Rangali Island. This re-build includes the construction of 79 of the most luxurious beach villas in the country as well as the Spa Village, a self-contained, over-water “resort-within-a-resort” consisting of a spa, restaurant and 21 villas.

W’Duck Toilet Restaurant

W’Duck Toilet Restaurant

W’Duck Toilet Restaurant

I would feel disgusting sitting on the toilet while dining and wiping my mouth with toilet paper *YUCK*, this is what W’Duck in Matosinos is offering, I don’t know how many of you would like to dine like that?. W’Duck has occupied the old Sapataria Concalve space at 245 Avenida da República in this small port town Portugal.

Marton Theme Restaurant

Marton Theme Restaurant

Marton Theme Restaurant

Just like Toilet Restaurant in Matosinos, Taiwan have a Marton Theme Restaurant in Kaohsiung, which has a toilet theme, bathroom decor, colorful toilets seats to sit on where food is served in plates and bowls shaped like western loo and Japanese “squat” toilets.

The restaurant is named after the Chinese word ‘Matong’ for toilet and it is a great hit among people. The meals offered are cheaply priced with a meal set including soup and ice cream costs from 150 to 250 Taiwan dollars ($6 – $10)

Robot Kitchen

Robot Kitchen

Robot Kitchen

Seen a robot performing as a chef? No? But it is happening in Hong Kong. Robot Kitchen, where a robot performs as a chef, prepares food, another robot takes order while second races to another table to deliver plates of steaming food, I would love to dine in such a restaurant, what about you?

Hobbit House

Hobbit House

Hobbit House

Meet the smallest waiters and owners in the world, The Hobbit House is a restaurant owned by smallest owner and serving been done by smallest staff in Manila, great restaurant who have a great bar for live music and good food to offer :) !

Robot Restaurant

Robot Restaurant

Robot Restaurant

Robot Restaurant is run by two identical couples in China, people are confused how a Chinese couple can manage to run a busy restaurant 21 hours a day without getting tired?, soon a journalist from Today Morning Post broke the news that restaurant is being run by two twin brothers, 32, married a set of twin sisters from the same township.

Locals thought they are some robot who is working day and night, locals have even named them ‘robot couple restaurant’.

Asia SF Restaurant

Asia SF Restaurant

Asia SF Restaurant

Located on Howard Street in San Franciso is a restaurant named ‘Asia SF’, owned by two men since ten years, offers deliscious food and equally delicisous female performers who are actually ‘gender illusionists’ but look like real women!

Sushi Restaurant

Sushi Restaurant Los Angeles

Sushi Restaurant

Sushi from the body of a women or man? Right, Sushi Restaurant “Adults Only” is located at West Hollywood on Sunset strip, restaurant not only providing delicious food but also a bar. The food never touches the model and is presented on banana leaves.

Condom Restaurant

Condom Restaurant

Condom Restaurant

Would you like to dine in a restaurant where walls have condoms and carpets have pictures of condoms printed onto them? And where after dinner instead of mints, you are offered a bowl of condoms at the counter?

“Cabbage and Condoms” is a chain restaurants in Thailand, profits from the restaurants go to support the Population and Community Development Association (PDA)

O’Noir Restaurant

O’Noir Restaurant

O’Noir Restaurant

Can’t see anything in the picture? Same would happen if you dine at O’Noir. O’Noir is a restaurant in Montreal, Canada. Where dinner is offered in the dark, not low, ambient light. Total darkness, no candles, no cell phones, even glowing watches are removed.

Beer Spa Restaurant

Beer Spa Restaurant

Beer Spa Restaurant

The mountain Bahenec Wellness Hotel is situated in the area of Slezské Beskydy, in the town of Písek u Jablunkova, very close to the Polish border. The entire procedure, which also includes a Finnish sauna and, following the beer bath, relaxation on a bed of oat straw, takes about two hours. The Bier Bottich Bad (BBB, Beer Tub Bath) recipe was conceived by the Austrian hotelier Hedwig Bauer and is a protected secret.

Graveyard Restaurant

Graveyard Restaurant

Graveyard Restaurant

“New Lucky Restaurant” in Ahmadabad is famous for its milky tea, its buttery rolls and the graves between the tables. You read it right, graves.

Krishan Kutti Nair is helping run the restaurant built over a centuries-old Muslim Cemetery for close to four decades, he doesn’t know who is buried in thr cafe floor.

According to Nair, graveyard is good luck for him, he give credit of his well running business to graveyard. The graves are painted green, stand about shin high, and every day the manager decorates each of them with a single dried flower. They’re scattered randomly across the restaurant – one up front next to the cash register, three in the middle next to a table for two, four along the wall near the kitchen.

Guolizhuang (Penis Restaurant)

Guolizhuang (Penis Restaurant)

Guolizhuang (Penis Restaurant)

Guolizhuang (Penis Restaurant Beijing) is a restaurant where nearly every dish has a dick in it. You can have your choices of dog, yak, donkey, seal, and more. According to some Chinese medicinal tradition, you are what you eat. If you’re a coward, it’s advisable to eat tiger’s testicles or something like that to boost your bravery. Well who loves delicious animal reproductive organs, raise your hand! You’ll get plenty at this place in Beijing because that’s all they serve. Now who ordered the dog’s penis garnished with a plum? – one word “YUCK”

Restaurant in a Prison

Restaurant in a Prison

Restaurant in a Prison

Right, this restaurant is situated inside the top security prison Fortezza Medicea in Italy, serenaded by Bruno, a pianist doing life for murder, the clientele eat inside a deconsecrated chapel set behind the 60ft high walls, watch towers, searchlights and security cameras of the daunting 500-year-old Fortezza Medicea, at Volterra near Pisa.

Under the watchful eye of armed prison warders, a 20-strong team of chefs, kitchen hands and waiters prepares 120 covers for diners who have all undergone strict security checks. Tables are booked up weeks in advance.

Cannibalistic Restaurant

Cannibalistic Restaurant

Cannibalistic Restaurant

Cannibalistic Restaurant

Cannibalistic Restaurant

“Nyotaimori” (which literally means “female body plate”) is the name of the japanese restaurant that serves sushi and sashimi on a naked woman’s body.
The body is made from food and placed on an operating table, much as though in a hospital. You can “operate” anyway and anywhere you want by cutting open the body and eating what you find inside. The body will actually bleed as you cut it and the intestines and organs inside are completely editable. It’s a banquet of Cannibalism.

Medical Restaurant

Medical Restaurant

Medical Restaurant

Medical Restaurant? Yeah right, here you will be served drinks from an IV drip bottle, you will be greeted by waitresses dressed like a nurse.

D.S Music Restaurant is situated in Taipei, Taiwan. The owner came up with the idea to express his gratitude for care he recieved at a local hospital.

Dark Restaurant

Dark Restaurant

Dark Restaurant

The first dark restaurant in Asia is officially opened on the 23rd December 2006, this restaurant is located in Beijing, China. It’s interior is painted completely black, custormers are greeted by a brightly lit entrance hall and will be escorted by waiters wearing night vision googles into the pitch dark dining room to help them find their seats. Just like O’Noir in Montreal flastlights, mobile phones and even luminous watches are prohibited in the area.

Incare if you are wondering about the washrooms, don’t worry, they are all brightly lit ;)

[- source : here and there -]

Related posts:

1. 11 Weirdest Dresses
  2. Eid Mubarak!
  3. Heard about knowledge? Now read about SMS
  4. 10 Most Creative Beds!
  5. Unique landings, unique take-offs

51 Comments »

• Tweets that mention Iwritealot : Weirdest restaurants around the world! -- Topsy.com said:

[...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Ayesha Mehmood and Rai M. Azlan Shahid, Rai M. Azlan Shahid. Rai M. Azlan Shahid said: RT @blessedAyesha: Iwritealot : Weirdest restaurants around the world! http://iwritealot.com/2010/05/20/weirdest-restaurants-around-the-world/ [...]

• Chelsey Buhler said:

very interesting i have never heard of this kind of different restaurants. i can not believe that. But anyway very informative and nice collection. thanks for sharing.

• Weirdest restaurants around the world! said:

[...] How would you like to dine tonight? Here are some options: Undersea, 150 feet in the air, In the dark, In the toilet, In Hospital, With Robots, With Smallest people? Read ahead [...]

• veterinary technician said:

What a great resource!

• Weirdest restaurants around the world! - becka's posterous said:

[...] feet in the air, In the dark, In the toilet, In Hospital, With Robots, With Smallest people?Source:http://iwritealot.com/2010/05/20/weirdest-restaurants-around-the-world/ Filed under: restaurants robots toilet Posted less than a minute ago 0 [...]

• Mike said:

I would totally do the restaurant in the air! That looks amazing! Can’t say that for the condom restaurant though.

So I suppose the next thing is some travel agency will put together a “Eat at the Weirdest Restaurants of the world” tour too. Hmmmm…

• Gunaxin Links said:

Weirdest restaurants around the world!…

This article has been featured on Gunaxin Links…

• sarah said:

Onoir is also located in Toronto…

• Mb said:

Dinner in the Sky: “I need to use the restroom”.

• Nik said:

When I was a kid, my cousins and I would always play a game at family gatherings, where we would go into a room with no windows, turn out the light, and try to beat the ***** out of each other in the dark. It was fun because no one ever felt angry afterward, because no one knew who did what. I think I might be tempted to ***** up someone’s *****, in that restaurant in the dark.

• Shaun said:

I would definitely have sex with a dolphin as long as it was restrained or drugged. who in their right mind could resist tight slippery dolphin hole

• wedding-secrets.info » Blog Archive » Copycat Recipes Cookbook – DivineRecipes. said:

[...] Weirdest restaurants around the world! [...]

• Colecturia said:

Your information in the so called “Dinner in the sky” is incorrect. They are not restaurants, but event developers and do them all around the world.

• kateelle said:

Wild article! The toilet dining fetish is beyond me! And gross!

• Bob Kunjan said:

Great! Now I know where to go if I want to eat and shit at the same time or if I want to chew on some dick!!! Not forgetting groping around in the dark will probably land me in jail for molest and picking food off a lady’s crotch will probably lead to something “unimaginable” oh but very interesting read indeed.

• Steve said:

Wild article! The toilet dining fetish is beyond me! And gross!

• Emily said:

[...] Weirdest restaurants around the world! [...]

• M.AkramSaim12812 said:

• Wordpress Themes said:

Nice post and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you for your information.

• Qasim11876 said:

• zaib said:

interesting

• Restaurants in Charlotte NC said:

I thought it was going to be some boring old post, but it really compensated for my time. I will post a link to this page on my blog. I am sure my visitors will find that very useful.

• Danial Shah said:

Damn. Thats weird:) and the most interesting one is the sky’s restaurant. Scary but adventerous

• ABDO Restaurants said:

Serving dinner in dark…. listening to those words itself makes me feel different and electrifying. I wanna experience that….

Nice to share…

Montreal Restaurants

• Weirdest restaurants around the world! « I write a lot! said:

[...] See more weird restaurants… [...]

• Bunny Pokorny said:

I am very thankful to this topic because it really gives great information ;-*

• Brice said:

wow!!! the one underwater looks amazing..

• Abi said:

@ the dinner in the sky restaurant: Imagine a sudden wind and the person just loses the food he/she paid for! haha!

some of the restaurants are super disturbing.. dicks in every meal?? WAT DAA!!

and i feel sorry for the model in the sushi bar who has to stay still for so long.. daymn! imagine she has to go! lol! so much for the appetite!

awesome collection, loved it…

Abi

• Currency Strength Robot said:

Well, I thought I’ve seen it all, but I guess not. I for one would not mind having some of that Sushi…lol

Heard about the Italian restaurant but many of these others sound off the wall.

• Justin said:

Okay, I thought the Air Restaurant was odd, I mean where do you pee ? Then the Penis Restaurant, topped it and I thought that was most outrageous. But come one a Cannabalistic Restaurant ? That’s plain gross !

Justin Martin

• One24 said:

Okay, I thought my favorite local restaurant was weird with a peanut butter hamburger, mislabeled restrooms and 19 cent bowl of beans…but the Cannibalistic Restaurant takes the cake…

Daniel Hansen

• Hip Hop Abs Reviews said:

Some of your restaurants are very interesting and attractive to me but some of them made me lose my appetite, lol…but still fun to find out about. And I thought I had seen it all. No hardly!

• Dave Carr said:

Amazing to see some of the weird and wonderful things that people get up to. I’ve got to think that many of these restaurant settings would detract in some way from the enjoyment of the food, so I’ll stick to the more conventional eating places I’m used to… for now.

• Frank said:

Fascinating post. I kept on reading to the end, which I have to admit I don’t do with a lot of blog posts. Some of those restaurants are ones I would like to visit, like the underwater one. Others though I have no desire to see, like the graveyard or cannibal one.
    Frank

• Jane Winters said:

“Guolizhuang (Penis Restaurant Beijing) is a restaurant where nearly every dish has a dick in it” – now that has got to qualify as weird both in terms of the restaurant itself and its patrons.

• Nespresso Essenza said:

Dinner in the sky has got to be a joke right? It looks like photoshop at work.

• Max International Blog said:

These restaurants are the weirdest I have ever seen on the internet

• George W. said:

Where do you get your research from since I don’t think that you can personally be to all of them. Anyway, what a fun read. Thanks.
    George W

• coffee maker said:

Yep – pretty weird, but this sort of thing has been going on for years. Didn’t Brunel & his father host a dinner in the first tunnel under the Thames and what about the Linnean Society, didn’t they have a 12 course banquet inside the carcase of a large whale somewhere in the 1850’s?

• Reverse Cellphone Lookup said:

I like the beer spa, you can get drunk just by sitting in it :)

• Emmitt Hollin said:

Never in my wildest imagination could I dream up half this weird stuff. If I didn’t see the photos with my own eyes, I don’t think I would believe most of these – too weird!

• Undersea lookup robots in The Japanese | Robot Technology said:

[...] Weirdest restaurants around a world! How would we like to sup tonight? Here are some options: Undersea, 150 feet in a air, In a dark, In a toilet, In hospital, With robots, With smallest people? http://iwritealot.com/2010/05/20/weirdest-restaurants-around-the-world/ [...]

• Health Insurance said:

Great post, very interesting topic.

Heard about the Italian restaurant but many of these others sound off the wall.

• One24 said:

I LOVE Ithaa! That looks super cool!

• Shrewsbury Flowers said:

Great, Thanks for sharing this interesting and informative post.

• Denver brazilian jiu jitsu said:

Exactly what I was searching for, regards for posting.

• Lucien Sharabi said:

wonderful post, very informative. I wonder why the other experts of this sector don’t notice this. You must continue your writing. I’m sure, you have a great readers’ base already!

• Mark Kasbo said:

I would like to try the flying restaurant, it sounds interesting.
    If you would like to try Dallas restaurants in Texas please click on the link below
    Arabic Dallas Restaurants

• Matt said:

There is an original directory of the World’s Most Unusual Restaurants –

continuosly updated since 2005, with Google map

900+ most unusual, weird, unique, strange, exotic, bizarre, quirky restaurants

• Hamm said:

damn so weired and awesome restaurants are available in the world i would love to dine in sky and under-water..i dont like the Naked girl restaurant because I Am Muslim :)

• Anton said:

the full directory of unusual restaurants since 2005 -
    http://unusual-restaurants.com with Google map.
    ALL OF THE ABOVE and many many other strange and unique places

Leave your response!

Be nice. Keep it clean. Stay on topic. No spam.

You can use these tags: